Sunday, November 8, 2009

3's a Charm...

First of all, I should say that I have been a very, very bad blogger. I slack off for a few days and then feel guilty about it, so I put it off even longer and then BAM!, it's been 5 months without writing a word. So much has happened, vacations, Lex was hospitalized in July for 3 days, my little men celebrated their 3rd Birthday and so much more. Well, I'll do my best from now on. I like to think of this as a journal of our life. One day I hope to print and bind it for them to read when they are older. So anyways...on with the current events!

Brody.

My sweet, quiet Brody.

I thought we were past all of the normal toddler dangers now that they are three. Babies swallow things, but three year olds don't, right?

Wrong.

Two weekends ago, Brody accidentally swallowed a hard plastic cherry from the game "Hi Ho Cherry-O". We had to go get x-rays to make sure the cherry was on it's way through his digestive system. The stem is kind of sharp and really pointy so off we went. All was well.

Last weekend, he discovered the first ever snake we have had in our yard and I didn't get to see it until he was holding it. A 2-3 foot water snake. No ER, it was a close call though. He is fine and the snake ran away for it's life. Probably smart because Daddy and Mr. Allen were on a seek and destroy mission. All was well.

Tonight, I looked up to see him fiddling with his nose. At that time, he exclaimed, "Mommy my BEAD!". Not what I was expecting. So, he managed to find a small bead and put it in his nose. Luckily for us, after a bit of CAREFUL manuevering, we freed the little guy without the help of the ER.

*sigh* All is well. *sigh*

We should probably have a television show.

Nighty-night all...

I've missed you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww three toddler boys will def. keep you busy! My just one, one year old boy keeps me busy. Girl i dunno how you can do it! :)