Monday, November 9, 2009

Whoo Whoo!

All Aboard!

Today the A, B, C and I had a conversation about Daddy going to Japan. He leaves for his 3rd annual Tokyo trip in a couple of weeks. I was explaining to them that he will be gone for quite a while and getting their input on what we should do while he's gone. I brought up the possibility of going to see Grandma and Grandpa McHargue and taking a train to do so.

Big mistake.

Examples of why this was a mistake...

1. I have been told at LEAST 500 times by Collin, that he wants to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house now.

2. Brody has alternated between being scared of the train and wanting to leave this second.

3. Lex has taken every train he owns out (too many to count), and proceeded to ask me, one at time, "Is this the train we're going to ride on Momma?".

4. During one of Brody's scared admissions, Lex told him, "It's okay Brody, I'll be right with you. We'll go in tunnels and on bridges and the big bridge will break and crash to the ground!". (THANK YOU Thomas the Tank Engine.)

*sigh*

It's going to be a long couple of weeks...

It will be fun though. I should probably be scared at the thought of taking them that far, on our first train ride, to one of the busiest places in the country (Washington DC), by myself. I'm not though and I'm worried that that may qualify me as slightly insane.

It will be an adventure, but every day is an adventure. You never know what you can do until you try. So Virginia, watch out, here we come!

And with that, I'm exhausted. Today's been an adventure, ha ha!

Nightie night!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, I commented a few months ago about living in Hinesville, and I thought it was strange how Iran into your blog. Well, we just got transferred to Fort Belvoir(NOVA/DC area) in October, small world I guess! Welcome back!