Friday, October 17, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

Gosh it's been a crazy few weeks! Grandma and Grandpa McHargue have been here a lot trying to close on their new condo here. It's been so much fun spending time with them, we all were very sad when they left! If they ever get to close, they should be back soon though to finish decorating, so we are looking forward to that!

The Boys got a stomach virus a couple of weeks ago and Dove and I got something that really seemed like the flu. It was a rough week! We all got better and then out of nowhere Lex got super sick on Monday. He woke up from his nap completely sweaty and burning up. He had a fever of 103 and couldn't stand up or sit up. He was completely lethargic and started gagging so Brody, Collin and I took him right to the Dr. He threw up in the car on the way. He got an antibiotic shot and a bunch of meds. He kept getting sicker and sicker and Tuesday morning he couldn't even hold his neck up. The Dr's nurse called three times to suggest things and relay messages from the Dr and give him updates. It was really scary. Brody started running a fever and throwing up too, but he was just a little grouchy and still wanted to play. Finally Tuesday afternoon Lex's fever came down a bit and he started asking for something to eat. Neither of the fevers broke until Thursday morning. It was the scariest thing in the world to hold my 2 year old and have to support his neck like a newborn. They still aren't really eating much, but they are getting back to their old selves! Praise the Lord! I think Collin may have had a much milder form of the illness last Saturday. He ran a low fever for two days and didn't really eat much. I'm just praying they get a break and stay healthy for a bit!

My 30th Birthday was yesterday! I had a perfect day! How could I not with the most perfect Husband and Children in the world. I am a lucky, lucky lady! We went out to dinner with a bunch of friends from church and it was just a wonderful day!

I am going to sign off now and watch a ghost show with Dove. The Boys are in bed and it's our Friday night tradition.

I almost forgot, we got the Boys costumes tonight and they are the most adorable things you've ever seen! We will have a preview photo shoot tomorrow, so I'm going to keep you in suspense until then.

Goodnight world, sleep tight!

1 comment:

K A R I™ said...

I can't wait to see your boys in their costumes! Lucas is driving me CRAZY everyday asking if it is Halloween YET.