Monday, October 27, 2008

Nuggets, Nuggets and Fries Please!

That is what Collin is saying from his bed right now. I love the baby monitor. They may have that in their room until they move out. The conversations between two year olds are hilarious!

I just ran to their room to check on them and in the two minutes I was there I had Happy Birthday sung to me, got to hear the difference between car and train noises, was almost convinced to let them go slide, and when that didn't work Collin's back-up was playing choo-choo trains. Giggling I told them goodnight. Honestly I thought they were all asleep, the room had been silent for a good thirty minutes before the N/F comment. I love my life!!!

They are so stinking excited about Halloween! We originally thought we would not carve a pumpkin, knives, pumkin guts and 3 two year old boys just didn't really go hand in hand in my mind. We bought a plug in pumpkin at Target and were content with that until the pumpkin patch this weekend. We went ahead and got one and they had been so excited to give it a face since Saturday. Well tonight was the big night. I cut the top out and they were so excited until I reached in and brought out a hand of goo. Not one of them wanted to touch it. They kept looking inside saying, No, No, No. This went on for a good while until I told them that we were going to cook the pumpkin seeds after we were done which prompted Lex to eat one raw. They slowly worked up the courage to help take one seed out at a time. This went on for about ten minutes before I got back in the drivers seat. I then gave the job to Dove and it was around this time that I noticed that Collin and the top were gone. I called his name and heard, "Mmmm mmmm!" He came back in the kitchen munching away on the raw bottom part of the pumpkin top. In shock that he would actually eat this and not the wonderful, yummy meals that I cook him day after day, I sat and watched as Lex also joined in on eating raw pumpkin. Dove and I just started laughing and hoping that pumpkin doesn't make toddlers sick. I will have to admit that I tried a bite and it's not really something I would like to take a bite of again. But hey, it's a veggie so it must be good for you right??? We finally got our pumpkin done and lit to many rounds of Happy Birthday and then 5 minutes of trying to blow the pumpkin out.

It was a wonderful evening, and I really mean that. I am the luckiest Mommy alive!

I am still a little hurt thought that a raw pumpkin looks more appetizing than a plate of spaghetti...night night all!

No comments: