Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm proud of you Mommy.

What has happened to naptime?

The last couple of weeks have been rough going in.

My kids are sleepers. They always have been, but lately they are fighting it.

Once they fall asleep it's no problem, these Boys will nap from 3-4 hours. It's just getting there.

Today they were all running amuck in their room so I decided I would gate them in and paint the trim in the hallway.(I was in the middle of painting when I got pregnant and somehow it's never been finished...)

They were so excited watching, so I let them for a few minutes and then I told them to get in bed and not get up until they woke up. I tucked them all in again and hugged and kissed them. While going through this routine with Lex, he put his little arms on mine and looked up with bright, wide innocent eyes and said, "I'm so proud of you Mommy."!

*tear*

For what, I don't know. Painting the hallway? Tucking him in? Not screaming at all of them that I'm exhausted too and to close their eyes now? Finding the definition of love in those bright green eyes?

You know what?

I don't care what it was for.

My son is proud of me and I am so incredibly proud to be his Mommy.

Life is good.

Nighty-night.

No comments: