Friday, November 7, 2008

Big Boy Beds!!!

Well, the time has come! This morning Brody was bouncing on his bed and bounced so high he lost control and dove headfirst over the side of his crib. Luckily he flipped right before he hit the ground and landed on his back. I was at the door to their room and just missed grabbing him. It was the most terrifying moment of motherhood so far. I am so thankful that he is okay, but I told Dove they are not sleeping in their cribs one more night.

I really wanted to wait longer, I was not ready for this, but I'm also not willing to risk that happen again. It was a super crazy day and long story short we finally got all of their beds put together around 9pm. They are normally in bed by 8, so this already screwed up our schedule, but hey, safety first.

They are SUPER excited! They have been asking for "Big Beds" for weeks now, so you can imagine how excited they are. It is 11 and Brody and Collin are still wide awake. I don't think they've ever stayed up this late. Lex is sleeping like a pro on Collin's bed! I think they think it's a musical bed game because Brody adopted Lex's bed and Collin has staked out Brody's. Oh well, a bed's a bed, ha ha!

Since it was so late I haven't gotten any pictures yet, but I will tomorrow for sure. They look so grown up. Just pray they actually fall asleep at some point, hopefully on a bed!

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Nighty-night.

2 comments:

K A R I™ said...

Can't wait to see the big boy beds!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I can't imagine how fun and exciting it is for them to bounce from bed to bed!

I can't wait to see the pictures.