Saturday, November 22, 2008

Duct Tape

May be what's necessary to keep three two year olds in bed long enough to fall asleep at night. I asked the Boys' Dr. yesterday how to keep them in bed at night and that was his answer. HA! I had actually put that on facebook as a thought. I told him that and we had a good laugh and he said to make sure and rip it off quickly like a band-aid. It is really nice to have someone who has had three two year old boys to joke with bounce ideas off of.(*DISCLAIMER*Don't worry, we were both joking, I would never actually tie them to their beds, no matter how great it sounds.)

Why were we there you may be asking yourself?

Just a little bright green ooze coming out of Brody's eye. His nose was pouring clear and he sounded horrible in his chest. We had done breathing treatments earlier in the week. He is my little wheezer and last weekend I thought they were sick, but then changed it to thinking it was just the record cold temps we have had. Unfortunately the first one was the winner. He is now on an antibiotic so he should be feeling much better soon. He did say that his nose looked like RSV though.

If you have ever had a preemie or known someone who has, you will know how utterly terrifying those 3 letters can be. Thankfully he is much older and healthier so it's not a big deal, but I don't think I will ever be able to hear that again without cringing. I am marked for life.

Well, three little boys who are supposed to be in bed are very busy singing the alphabet and playing. That would be my cue to leave.

Nighty-night all.

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, I can't imagine!

We need duct tape to keep Izzy on the potty sometimes!

Thankfully, at night she stays in her bed...now, naptime...that's another story.